This day on May 14
None

Happy Birthday To: feepa, g2k, Oilfan In UK, Dan86, swany, Oilers000, canoilers, lmaonade, ont_oil_fan81, I'm_Topher, cliffordbaker, headpins

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38) [message #828688]
Thu, 11 January 2024 19:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT)

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
Congratulations to: BOLT862, Mullet, NCREDiBLE and stemhovlichski for predicting the score.

Edmonton to win: 87%
Detroit to win: 13%
15 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38) [message #828689 is a reply to message #828688 ]
Thu, 11 January 2024 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

That’s a goal. Piss off ugh. Overtime

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38) [message #828690 is a reply to message #828688 ]
Thu, 11 January 2024 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Woot

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38) [message #828691 is a reply to message #828690 ]
Thu, 11 January 2024 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

What a win!!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38) [message #828693 is a reply to message #828688 ]
Thu, 11 January 2024 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Glad we got what we deserved in this one. One more and this group has a record they can be proud of.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38) [message #828695 is a reply to message #828693 ]
Fri, 12 January 2024 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

The Oilers absolutely dominated which was nice to see.

Lyon for the Wings was unreal.

Doesn't matter how you win, just win and they got the 2 points.

He didn't get a lot of shots but when tested, Pickard was solid and gave his team a chance to win. He's given them all they can ask in a back up.

I thought of the defense, Bouchard didn't have a great night handling the puck. A lot of giveaways. I liked the recovery on the one real bad one. One thing I want them to tell him to start doing again is shoot the puck more especially on the PP. He seems to be passing up a lot of good looks. He's good at getting it through and his shot creates chaos for the other team.

NHL refs were in their glory last night. They call off the potential winning goal by Kane due to a glove pass. OK, Ryan did bat it down but it was a kick in the nuts. Then to rub salt in the wounds, they don't bother to call the reason Ryan didn't touch it with his stick. He was getting absolutely crushed in the back with Seider's stick. Ryan tried to hit it with his stick but he was too busy getting absolutely hammered right in the numbers and rammed into the ground by a 210 lbs dman. But that is just hard hockey apparently.

9 in a row, let's go for 10!

[Updated on: Fri, 12 January 2024 08:17]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38) [message #828697 is a reply to message #828695 ]
Fri, 12 January 2024 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

I was watching on the Wings feed. Dear god - what homers. Almost crying about the McDavid goal standing because "it was obviously offside", and then begging the refs to give the Wings a PP in OT because they missed Ryan closing his hand on the puck, so "they owe the Wings one". icon_lol

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38) [message #828698 is a reply to message #828697 ]
Fri, 12 January 2024 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Mike wrote on Fri, 12 January 2024 08:51

I was watching on the Wings feed. Dear god - what homers. Almost crying about the McDavid goal standing because "it was obviously offside", and then begging the refs to give the Wings a PP in OT because they missed Ryan closing his hand on the puck, so "they owe the Wings one". icon_lol

Did they say anything About Seider drilling Ryan in the numbers with a pretty nasty cross check?

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38) [message #828700 is a reply to message #828688 ]
Fri, 12 January 2024 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

I always thought Ekholm was an A++ defenceman, but my appreciation for his play is getting even higher.. he just erases guys, routinely turns opposition rushes and cycles into turnovers.. without him as a D partner I suspect Bouchard's improvement never happens.. allows Bouchard to breath.. even though he still gets brain cramps.. but far fewer recently.

If there were a Ekholm-type RH defencemen available to pair with Nurse.. we'd have an amazing top 4 D.

Montreal will be a tough out.. they always play well at home.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38) [message #828701 is a reply to message #828700 ]
Fri, 12 January 2024 11:10 Go to previous message

3 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 12 January 2024 11:02

I always thought Ekholm was an A++ defenceman, but my appreciation for his play is getting even higher.. he just erases guys, routinely turns opposition rushes and cycles into turnovers.. without him as a D partner I suspect Bouchard's improvement never happens.. allows Bouchard to breath.. even though he still gets brain cramps.. but far fewer recently.

If there were a Ekholm-type RH defencemen available to pair with Nurse.. we'd have an amazing top 4 D.

Montreal will be a tough out.. they always play well at home.

There was lots of people who wanted Chychrun. While he is a good dman, it's pretty clear in my opinion Ekholm was the right guy for the Oilers, especially for Bouchard.

It's looking a bit into the future by my prediction for the Oilers next year is Desharnais will be Nurse's shut down partner. The guy just keeps improving and is hungry to get better every game.

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca