This day on May 14
None

Happy Birthday To: feepa, g2k, Oilfan In UK, Dan86, swany, Oilers000, canoilers, lmaonade, ont_oil_fan81, I'm_Topher, cliffordbaker, headpins

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38) [message #828652]
Thu, 11 January 2024 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT)
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 87%
Detroit to win: 13%
15 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2023-24 Regular Season
Thursday, January 11, 2024Edmonton 3 @ Detroit 2 (OT)Win
Tuesday, February 13, 2024Detroit 4 @ Edmonton 8Win
Home Record: 1-0-0       Road Record: 1-0-0       Overall Record: 2-0-0
Home / Road Goals For: 8/3 Total: 11
Home / Road Goals Against: 4/2 Total: 6

2022-23 Regular Season
Tuesday, February 7, 2023Edmonton 5 @ Detroit 2Win
Wednesday, February 15, 2023Detroit 5 @ Edmonton 4 (OT) (SO)Loss
Home Record: 0-0-1       Road Record: 1-0-0       Overall Record: 1-0-1
Home / Road Goals For: 4/5 Total: 9
Home / Road Goals Against: 5/2 Total: 7

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38) [message #828654 is a reply to message #828652 ]
Thu, 11 January 2024 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

I've heard a lot about the Oilers only facing teams lower than them in the standings in January, but the Wings actually have more points coming into this game.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38) [message #828655 is a reply to message #828654 ]
Thu, 11 January 2024 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I am expecting the Oilers to come out strong tonight. Lots of fans were really concerned about how they played against the Hawks, my younger brother was losing his mind. It's pretty tough for a team to bring their A game every night so the odd off game is bound to happen. Just lucky it happened against a very depleted Hawks team and they still got the time.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38) [message #828662 is a reply to message #828654 ]
Thu, 11 January 2024 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 11 January 2024 09:08

I've heard a lot about the Oilers only facing teams lower than them in the standings in January, but the Wings actually have more points coming into this game.

But if you use Baseball scoring, then the Oilers are actually way out in front of the Red Wings!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38) [message #828666 is a reply to message #828654 ]
Thu, 11 January 2024 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 11 January 2024 08:08

The most disappointing thing about the Chicago game for me was seeing how easily the team's structure/decisions devolved back to the old habits they had at the start of the year.. all the good habits they seemed to have gained just evaporated <poof> ..
Detroit has a decent team .. Oilers have clear ability to beat them.. but they'll need a much better performance/effort (physically and mentally) if they want to keep the win streak going..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38) [message #828668 is a reply to message #828666 ]
Thu, 11 January 2024 14:11 Go to previous message
cosmicheretic  is currently offline cosmicheretic

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 11 January 2024 12:33

NetBOG wrote on Thu, 11 January 2024 08:08

The most disappointing thing about the Chicago game for me was seeing how easily the team's structure/decisions devolved back to the old habits they had at the start of the year.. all the good habits they seemed to have gained just evaporated <poof> ..
Detroit has a decent team .. Oilers have clear ability to beat them.. but they'll need a much better performance/effort (physically and mentally) if they want to keep the win streak going..

Exactly my concern. In a way I hope they were mailing it in against Hawks because if they weren't it means it was a regression even if temporary. They need to play all out from the puck drop against the Wings and everyone after them.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38) [message #828661 is a reply to message #828652 ]
Thu, 11 January 2024 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

A win tonight would tie the franchise record for longest winning streak. Keep it going!

Clean house or bust

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38) [message #828667 is a reply to message #828661 ]
Thu, 11 January 2024 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Tough game

3-2 oilers win!

Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #38)
Next Topic:Oilers re-sign Evan Bouchard 2 yrs, $7.8 million
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca