Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #833969]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
Congratulations to: BOLT862 and Mullet for predicting the score.

Edmonton to win:   79%
Vancouver to win:   21%
14 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #833987 is a reply to message #833969 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7b/MA_Route_10.svg/600px-MA_Route_10.svg.png

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #833991 is a reply to message #833987 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

No Cups

Fantastic birthday present for you there, g2k. Happy Birthday! What a game, glad I could watch this one!

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #833995 is a reply to message #833991 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

MJ wrote on Tue, 14 May 2024 22:19

Fantastic birthday present for you there, g2k. Happy Birthday! What a game, glad I could watch this one!

Ah it was a great day!

Thanks!

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834016 is a reply to message #833995 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feepa  is currently offline feepa

No Cups

g2k wrote on Tue, 14 May 2024 22:21

MJ wrote on Tue, 14 May 2024 22:19

Ah it was a great day!

Thanks!

This was also my birthday wish today!

A great day! Cheers birthday twin!

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #833994 is a reply to message #833987 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

YAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

That's a huge, huge goal.

Big win.

I would go back to Skinner for Game 5.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #833997 is a reply to message #833994 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Wed, 15 May 2024 01:20

Boooooooo. Booooooo.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834006 is a reply to message #833997 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Tue, 14 May 2024 22:22

Adam wrote on Wed, 15 May 2024 01:20

Boooooooo. Booooooo.

More than the goalies themselves, it's this team needing to play properly in our end. Low confidence goalies turn our players brains into scared mush in our zone. This team just loves to quit when our goalies look like they are sad defeated bums. Liked how hard these guys were battling in our zone tonight.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834005 is a reply to message #833994 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
halfafrog  is currently offline halfafrog

No Cups

No fricken way. None of those were bad goals on Pickard. One went off Nurse and one off a skate. He stopped every puck he saw. Made the big saves when he had to.

So this is what hope feels like?

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834028 is a reply to message #834005 ]
Wed, 15 May 2024 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

halfafrog wrote on Tue, 14 May 2024 22:36

No fricken way. None of those were bad goals on Pickard. One went off Nurse and one off a skate. He stopped every puck he saw. Made the big saves when he had to.

It wouldn't be for anything Picard did - I'd go back to Skinner because he's the only one I think can actually MAYBE carry the team for two more rounds. It was great the way that worked out, but going back to him says - hey, we just needed to have him reset and now we believe in him and it'll be fine.

I don't think the Oilers will do that - I think Picard will be back in goal. But I think they SHOULD play Skinner because, frankly, they need him. And if we get past Vancouver, we'll need him even more. I don't like Picard's chances against either Dallas or Colorado.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834030 is a reply to message #834028 ]
Wed, 15 May 2024 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Wed, 15 May 2024 12:00

It wouldn't be for anything Picard did - I'd go back to Skinner because he's the only one I think can actually MAYBE carry the team for two more rounds. It was great the way that worked out, but going back to him says - hey, we just needed to have him reset and now we believe in him and it'll be fine.

I don't think the Oilers will do that - I think Picard will be back in goal. But I think they SHOULD play Skinner because, frankly, they need him. And if we get past Vancouver, we'll need him even more. I don't like Picard's chances against either Dallas or Colorado.

I understand what you're saying, but I disagree 100%. They have to go back with Pickard. With a short leash, but he was as good as any playoff game Skinner has played, and much better than most of them.

The 2 goals that went in he had no chance on. I thought he was moving quite well and looked composed and confident. I see no benefit putting Skinner back in.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834034 is a reply to message #834030 ]
Wed, 15 May 2024 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Wed, 15 May 2024 09:55

Adam wrote on Wed, 15 May 2024 12:00

I understand what you're saying, but I disagree 100%. They have to go back with Pickard. With a short leash, but he was as good as any playoff game Skinner has played, and much better than most of them.

The 2 goals that went in he had no chance on. I thought he was moving quite well and looked composed and confident. I see no benefit putting Skinner back in.

Skinner can come back if Pickard falters. If Skinner can have 4 super weak sauce games in a row and cost the team a couple key wins, I think Pickard can have at least 1 unfortunate night.

Considering how ice cold and zero confidence we know SKinners play can get, including multiple huge sinker games in each of the 4 series he has played. 2/8 games this playoffs he managed .900. 5/12 last playoffs. 13/20 games under 0.900. I don't think he has quite earned the automatic starter reputation yet. Let him be hungry to get his job back. Guy still has a lot of developing to do to keep his focus and confidence up.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 May 2024 18:30]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834037 is a reply to message #834034 ]
Wed, 15 May 2024 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Here is where I am at on this. Calvin Pickard is a 32-year old who has bounced between being an NHL backup and a minor league netminder. His numbers have been bad most years in the NHL and while they’re better this year, it relies almost entirely on playing well against the weakest teams in the league. When faced with the good teams he tended to get blown out. He also has virtually no playoff pedigree at any other level.

I’m happy for him and his win yesterday and if we chose him to start I’ll be cheering hard to see him do well.

However, it is pretty much completely unprecedented for a goalie like that to come and backstop a team to a Stanley Cup. There is just nothing in his history that suggests that he can do it. It would be a tremendous story if it happened - basically the hockey version of Rocky beating Apollo Creed as a blue collar brawler. But it’s just completely unlikely.

Now, anyone paying attention knows that I’ve never been a big fan of Skinner. After his first NHL games I was saying that I don’t know that that’s really the goalie of the future and hoping the Oilers had backup plans. After last year I was hoping he’d win the Calder and we would immediately trade him while his value was at its highest since Campbell is likely unmovable. I sure look right, right now. I also was calling all season for the Oilers to add someone else, anyone else, so that we weren’t relying on the guy who blew last year for us or a minor league third string guy. I look right there too.

It is a tremendous indictment on our management team that in the most important season yet our season hangs on choosing between the younger goalie who looks like he has confidence issues and the career minor-leaguer signed to be the third string guy. It’s a truly awful predicament for the coach to be stuck with.

But I think as bad as that choice is, there’s only one guy who has a chance of taking the team all the way, as long a shot as it seems right now. That it’s the guy pulled in 25% of his playoff starts is again pretty incredible and even the most ardent fan of Ken Holland should probably admit at this point that he’s a complete bleeping failure for putting us in this situation.

If it was me, I would gamble that a night off watching helped Skinner and that going back to him shows enough confidence to turn it around for him. I’m gambling on that higher ceiling and hoping that that bet pays off.

Honestly I think that the Oilers will ride Pickard for another game. For Knoblauch it seems the safer choice - at least with fans and for the Oilers that’s usually what matters most. But I’d make another call if it were me because, as crazy and unfortunate as it is, I think the team pretty much has to ride or die on Stuart Skinner this year.

Whoever it is, if the Oilers play the way they did last night and severely limit chances while taking the play for Vancouver for 60% of the night then we should be fine this round (although obviously that isn’t guaranteed and another bad goalie performance by either guy could be disastrous). If we advance, that next round looks really challenging though.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #833989 is a reply to message #833969 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

0.900 goaltending ftw

Love that Bouch lad

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #833993 is a reply to message #833989 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 14 May 2024 22:18

0.900 goaltending ftw

This tbh

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #833996 is a reply to message #833989 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Moncton boy comes through!!!! 0 fault on Pickard for either goal. Didn’t stand on his head, but stopped what he needed to. 109% the starter for game 5.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834002 is a reply to message #833996 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

1 Cup

Deserved the win and finally got it. Way to be average Pickard - that's all we're asking.

Heart sank when they tied it up, but Bouch with the insta response!

The panel crying because a Canucks fan "clipped Drai knocking a puck down with a high stick." You can F right off with that too.

If Pickard can just be average then I have zero doubt that we'll win this series. When is game 5?

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834004 is a reply to message #834002 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Tue, 14 May 2024 22:28

Deserved the win and finally got it. Way to be average Pickard - that's all we're asking.

Heart sank when they tied it up, but Bouch with the insta response!

The panel crying because a Canucks fan "clipped Drai knocking a puck down with a high stick." You can F right off with that too.

If Pickard can just be average then I have zero doubt that we'll win this series. When is game 5?

Elliotte badly wanted that to be a conclusive high stick. Wasn't at all.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834008 is a reply to message #834004 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

1 Cup

Both Canucks goals were flukey deflections. Team PDO still somehow having luck go their way. You'd think it would normalize at some point, but nope...luck still going their way.

Lucky bounces & awful reffing (this game excluded) are the only thing keeping them in this series. No reason skillwise that we can't win this next one.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #833990 is a reply to message #833969 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

I don’t give a damn. Start Pickard Thursday.

He’s got confidence.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #833992 is a reply to message #833990 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

2 Cups

Incredible

Good night Oiler fans!

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834001 is a reply to message #833992 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

...absolute agony
followed by...
...absolute ecstasy god

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #833999 is a reply to message #833990 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

g2k wrote on Tue, 14 May 2024 22:18

He’s got confidence.

They cannot go back to Skinner. No chance.

29 delivers every night in the playoffs. Absolute playoff beast.

That win was actually better the way it turned out.. Extra heartbreaking to lose icon_nod

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834000 is a reply to message #833999 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Jay wrote on Tue, 14 May 2024 22:23

g2k wrote on Tue, 14 May 2024 22:18

He’s got confidence.

They cannot go back to Skinner. No chance.

29 delivers every night in the playoffs. Absolute playoff beast.

That win was actually better the way it turned out.. Extra heartbreaking to lose icon_nod

Kane crumbled that D man.

3-2 hockey game.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834003 is a reply to message #833999 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

I'm not even playing and I'm exhausted after that last 10 minutes, thought we had it all sewn up till they did that peice on Picks and asking could he keep the shut out going and boom they scored, thanks Sportsnet......

We won in Vancouver the last time we played there, let's repeat on Thursday!!

Take me home, country road
to the place where I belong
to Alberta, to see the Oilers
take me home, country road

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834007 is a reply to message #834003 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
halfafrog  is currently offline halfafrog

No Cups

If we could win a draw on in our D zone. We lost 3, maybe 4 in a row? Geez hard to exit the zone when you don't have the puck.

So this is what hope feels like?

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834011 is a reply to message #833969 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

WHEW!!!! Glad they went back to separating #97 and #29 at ES.

Wouldn't mind going back to Skinner in the near future of these playoffs if needed...but this "benching" is honestly a part of the maturation & development process....and it SHOULD have happened in last year's playoffs against Vegas. Keep your head up Stu!

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834015 is a reply to message #834011 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

kungpaobenji27 wrote on Tue, 14 May 2024 21:42

Wouldn't mind going back to Skinner in the near future of these playoffs if needed...but this "benching" is honestly a part of the maturation & development process....and it SHOULD have happened in last year's playoffs against Vegas. Keep your head up Stu!

Holloway.. way better than Foegle.. guy has wheels, puck smarts, and stick skills..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834039 is a reply to message #834015 ]
Wed, 15 May 2024 21:00 Go to previous message
cosmicheretic  is currently offline cosmicheretic

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 14 May 2024 23:01

kungpaobenji27 wrote on Tue, 14 May 2024 21:42

Holloway.. way better than Foegle.. guy has wheels, puck smarts, and stick skills..

Agreed. I think the Oil should pass on Foegle next year. Save that money for the big contracts.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834013 is a reply to message #833969 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

BOUCH BOMB ! ! weights

https://media.tenor.com/cW0xeobCfUQAAAAi/bomb-weapon.gif

https://media.tenor.com/u8jwYAiT_DgAAAAM/boom-bomb.gif

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834018 is a reply to message #834013 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 14 May 2024 22:54

BOUCH BOMB ! ! weights

https://media.tenor.com/cW0xeobCfUQAAAAi/bomb-weapon.gif

https://media.tenor.com/u8jwYAiT_DgAAAAM/boom-bomb.gif

The Bouch bomb fell and the pants LAUNCHED!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834014 is a reply to message #833969 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

should have been a shut out.. all Vancouver could produce was point shots .. even on the PP.. hoping for ricochets off feet.. bodies.. which they got...

Oil got caught running around near the end.. some weak work along the wall..

but.. ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL !!

F YEAH BABY!! 😊

[Updated on: Tue, 14 May 2024 23:03]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834017 is a reply to message #833969 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Am I biased or is asking Pickard "did you ever think you might never get a playoff start in your career?" a completely stupid waste of time question for a reporter to ask right now?

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834021 is a reply to message #834017 ]
Wed, 15 May 2024 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 14 May 2024 23:09

Am I biased or is asking Pickard "did you ever think you might never get a playoff start in your career?" a completely stupid waste of time question for a reporter to ask right now?

Bouch's reaction to Spector's question

https://twitter.com/OilerAlert/status/1790615853559607315?t= ik8UTpGp7GXkODMVwEYuJg&s=19

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834036 is a reply to message #834021 ]
Wed, 15 May 2024 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 15 May 2024 01:30

https://twitter.com/OilerAlert/status/1790615853559607315?t= ik8UTpGp7GXkODMVwEYuJg&s=19

I’d love to hear what the Oilers really think of Spec. What a loser, and then you get guys like Gregor defending him.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834038 is a reply to message #834036 ]
Wed, 15 May 2024 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 15 May 2024 19:28

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 15 May 2024 01:30

I’d love to hear what the Oilers really think of Spec. What a loser, and then you get guys like Gregor defending him.

I didn't realize that Spector asked that right after the questions to Bouch and Pickard about what kind of guy Pickard was in the room, and then Pickard asked about how positive his reputation in the room seems to be everywhere he goes.

Then Spector trying to bring everyone back down by making Pickard reflect on a potential past where he may have been imagining his career would end without ever being able to touch playoff ice in the NHL. Then a bonus doozy, asking Pickard if he imagined that if he got to be in a playoff game, and he was holding a lead late in a game, if how it actually felt matched up to his past imagined experience. Seriously, wth? lol

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834019 is a reply to message #833969 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Bouch

15 points in 9 games. +8. 3 GWG's.

We freakin bridged him.

https://media.tenor.com/atr2WvOhvGMAAAAM/bruce-boudreau-darn.gif

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834020 is a reply to message #834019 ]
Tue, 14 May 2024 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 14 May 2024 23:13

Bouch

15 points in 9 games. +8. 3 GWG's.

We freakin bridged him.

https://media.tenor.com/atr2WvOhvGMAAAAM/bruce-boudreau-darn.gif

Problem for later, but gonna have to unload a certain 9.25 to afford Bouch

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834023 is a reply to message #834019 ]
Wed, 15 May 2024 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Pretty incredible game. My youngest was sleeping and I woke him up with my yell after Bouch scored. Oops. icon_lol

I have said it several times. All the Oilers need is the goalie not to lose them the game. Pickard came in and was solid. The Oilers have been pretty good, especially the last couple of games, of limiting the Canucks to very few dangerous chances. They did that last night and all Pickard had to do was make the saves he should and he did that.

NUGE SCORED!! I was actually shocked when it happened. Good for him. I really hope it gets him going. He's part of their secondary scoring and they need him.

I thought Kane was excellent. Didn't get a goal, had some chances but he was impactful.

I thought the Oilers were the better team on Sunday but the Canucks goalie played well and the Oilers didn't get a save. I thought the Oilers were the superior team last night, they deserved to win. The Canucks got 2 breaks on both their goals. Thankfully they scored with 30 seconds left.

I thought lines 1 & 2 were good.

I thought Holloway played well. There is a spot for him in the top 6 if he wants it. I want to see him be more assertive. Use your speed, drop your shoulder and drive the net, don't worry about passing to Leon or Kane, you fire that puck then go bang in your rebound. He's coming. Go make that spot yours kid!

I thought the 4th line was decent and created some looks which is what you want.

The 3rd line is the only line that is a problem. McLeod is good defensively but still does nothing offensively. Foegele is costing himself money every game. Perry at his age isn't capable of driving a line anymore. His game is straight ahead, take it to the goal, bang in rebounds hockey and McLeod and Foegele right now seem very happy to spin donuts around the net.

But great game. I firmly believe the Oilers have been the better team and it could have been a sweep if they got a couple of saves in games 1 & 3.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 May 2024 08:19]

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #834022 is a reply to message #833969 ]
Wed, 15 May 2024 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Rowan Oil Fielding  is currently offline Rowan Oil Fielding

No Cups

What an ending!

https://i.postimg.cc/mZ9GD3V6/php2-CH3-Yf-AM.jpg

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #5)
Next Topic:GDT: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #4)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca